About the Energy Seminar
The Energy Seminar has been a mainstay of energy engagement at Stanford for nearly 20 years and is one of the flagship programs of the Precourt Institute for Energy. We aim to bring a wide variety of perspectives to the Stanford community – academics, entrepreneurs, utilities, big businesses, and more. We're proud to have hosted some of the biggest names in the energy world as well as those just starting out.
Seminars take place most Mondays during the academic year and typically have an audience of 100+ attendees. Anyone with an interest in energy is welcome to join one seminar or all of them! You can enjoy seminars in the following ways:
- Attend live. The auditorium may change quarter by quarter, so check each seminar event to confirm location.
- Watch live in a browser livestream. Check each seminar event for its unique livestream URL.
- Watch recordings of past seminars
- Available on the Past Energy Seminars page and the Energy Seminars playlist of the Stanford Energy YouTube channel
- (For students) Take the seminar as a 1-unit class (CEE 301/ENERGY 301/MS&E 494)
If you'd like to join the Energy Seminar mailing list to hear about upcoming talks, sign up here and select the Energy Seminar checkbox.