Goals:The goals of the conference are to bring together engineers, scientists and managers involved in geothermal reservoir studies and developments; provide a forum for the exchange of ideas on the exploration, development and use of geothermal resources; and to enable prompt and open reporting of progress. We strongly encourage all scientists and engineers involved in geothermal reservoir technology to attend the workshop.
Topics:Papers will be presented on recent research relating to geothermal reservoirs including:
- Case Studies: reservoir response to production, effects of injection, scaling characteristics
- Enhanced Geothermal Systems (EGS): current and future activities
- Engineering Techniques: reservoir simulation, empirical methods, well tests, tracers
- Field Management: strategies for exploitation, injection, scale inhibition
- Exploration: geophysics, geochemistry, geology, heat flow studies, outflows
- Drilling and Well Bore Flows: well stimulation, bore flow modeling, hydro-fracturing, scaling
- Low Enthalpy Systems: applications of heat pumps, hot dry rock technology
- Geosciences: application of geophysics, geochemistry, thermodynamics and fluid mechanics.