Extending the life of the Diablo Canyon Nuclear Power Plant could help California meet the increasing challenges of climate change by providing clean, safe and reliable electricity, water and hydrogen fuel, according to a new study. Researchers from Stanford’s Precourt Institute for Energy and from MIT’s Center for Advanced Nuclear Energy Systems and the MIT Abdul Latif Jameel Water & Food Systems Lab jointly will present their key findings in an online seminar on Monday, Nov. 8. The seminar is free and open to all.
- Bruce Cain, Charles Louis Ducommun Professor in Humanities and Sciences, Stanford University
- Steven Chu, William R. Kenan, Jr., Professor of Physics, Stanford University
- Arun Majumdar, Jay Precourt Provostial Chair Professor, Stanford University
- Jacopo Buongiorno, TEPCO, Professor of Nuclear Science and Engineering, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- John Lienhard, Abdul Latif Jameel Professor of Water, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Ejeong Baik, PhD Candidate, Department of Energy Resources Engineering, Stanford University
- Justin Aborn, Senior Consultant @LucidCatalyst, LLC