What does energy at Stanford look like to you? We invite the Stanford community to participate in the first Stanford Energy photo contest. Photos will be used on our websites and print materials and showcased in our offices and energy related events.
Stanford faculty, students and staff are welcome to enter this photo contest.
We are looking for photographs in the following categories:
Research - Lab photos, including microscopic or nanoscale structures
Education - Photos in the classroom or in the field with participants engaged and learning
Innovation - Technologies or infrastructure photos that convey innovative solutions to energy
Efficiency - Photos of smart energy use decisions
Energy Access - Photos showing access to energy that will improve human health and economic development
Winners will receive a $50 Stanford Bookstore gift card. Honorable mentions will receive Stanford Energy merchandise.
- Multiple submissions of different photos by the same person are welcome.
- The deadline to submit photos is 11:59pm on June 1, 2019.
- Photo judging will take place in June with winners announced early July
- Judges include Precourt Institute for Energy Co-Directors Sally Benson and Arun Majumdar; Danica Sarlya from the TomKat Center for Sustainable Energy; and Leigh Johnson and communications staff from the Precourt Institute for Energy.
- Please ensure that your identifiable subjects fill out a model release form.
- By submitting your photos, you agree to our photo release policy.
- Photos in PNG or JPEG format will be accepted
- Photos should be saved as follows: yourname_titleofphoto_year.jpg (i.e. LesleyRyan_FloatingSolar_2019.jpg).
- Photos must be less than 20MB in size.
- Please submit the highest resolution image possible within our guidelines.
Please contact Lesley Ryan at email@example.com with any questions.